« January 2019 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Wednesday, 9 January 2019
Card Creations
Topic: Collage

An online group I belong to started out the year with a couple of challenges and a swap and I was inspired to participate.

The first was a swap where the supplies were limited to black and white. I love this combination!

I chose, for a background, a dry-embossed music image on white cardstock. To this I added some white stickers mounted on black cardstock and cut out. I used a black rub-on frame to highlight a clear text sticker. Then the whole thing was mounted on a black cardstock card base. I broke the rules just a bit by adding a line of glitter gold gel pen around the edge and in two little hearts inside the heart stickers. This is a 4.25 x 5.5 card.


The second card was for one of the challenges. Its guideline was to feature the Pantone Color of the Year (Living Coral).


This is a favorite color of mine! I rummaged through the scrap bin on top of my work surface and instantly had a handful of bits and bobs left over from other projects. I made a card base 6.5 x 4.5 and arranged all the pieces on it. I took a phone photo and ran all the parts through the Xyron to apply adhesive to them. Using my photo as a guide I did a peel and stick to reassemble my design.

As a last step I added a clear text sticker and then used black pen to make doodle lines around the elements to unify them.


Success! Two cards in one seating.

Ddd

 


 

 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 5:41 PM PST

View Latest Entries