« May 2020 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Thursday, 7 May 2020
Three Of a Kind
Topic: Online Class

I took a series of classes online called Spring Card Camp recently but am just now getting around to making samples for the classes. It was a 20 day series so it will take a while to crank all these out.

For the first day we were to stamp and emboss an open image in multiple layers to create a thick outline from the buildup. Then that heavy image is used as an embossing plate to create a raised or indented impression of the image on another piece of cardstock.

I wasn't terribly impressed (ha) with my results but I went ahead and created cards from them in the same style as the class samples.

Problem: the instructor used particular dies and shadow dies, stamps, and other supplies that I did not have. So I used a lot of innovation to get similar results.

Here is the card I created using the actual embossing panel I made.


This started out with white card and was embossed with clear powder. After I used it as an embossing folder I inked the paper with Distress ink and buffed the color back off the embossed areas.

I used a script die to cut 'hello' out of gold metallic paper. The white strip with the shadow of 'hello' was cut by hand with tiny scissors. Then I used a stamp positioning tool to stamp the sentiment. I diecut a shunky leafed branch and a lighter sprig to layer behind the word strip.

This was trimmed down and mounted to a white card base.

This next card is from the cardstock I embossed with the created plate. After making this raised image I used a similar color of distress ink to brush over the whole surface. This enhances the texture of the image. 

With a standard embossed image this is more effective as the image is more prominent and picks up the ink differently. 

In any case, I made this card with the result.


This was finished in the same way as the first.

For the third card, I used a shimmer paper. The impression was not as deep or noticable on this so I turned it to the back to use the debossed side. The inking was done in the same way but it hardly shows.


Also finished in the same manner.

And so ends day one of the Spring Card Camp.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 9:45 AM PDT

View Latest Entries