« May 2020 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Friday, 8 May 2020
Using the Trash
Topic: Scrap Recovery

After yesterday's class, I had scraps left on the table from cutting out the foliage and I decided to use those to make more cards.

I trimmed down the panels, backed them in black, used a corner-rounder, and mounted to patterned paper.

I also got out a word die that has lots of mix-and-match sentiments. I cut three of white and one of black and glued the words together in stacks of all four to create raised words. These were then glued on the finished cards.

These three I made using the leafy branches scraps:



This one was made with the pine branch waste. To it I added some epoxy flower stickers and added nail-head stickers to their centers. Since the flowers didn't stand out from the background well enough so I outlined them in black.


And when I was all done I had one of those stacked words left over. So I pulled from old scraps to get an embossed heart strip and added some script paper (leftover from backgrounds from cards above) to the sides and striped paper (also from cards above) to the top and bottom.


Because I only had the one word, I used a stamp to add the 'everything'. Unfortunately, it got a bloop on it so I added a sticky rhinestone to cover it and then more matching rhinestones for a little balance.

 

So, scraps used, table cleaned off, all supplies put away - time to move on to Spring Card Camp - day 2.

Ddd


 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 10:26 AM PDT

View Latest Entries