« June 2020 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Wednesday, 3 June 2020
Just As I Am
Topic: Hymnal Art

Time for another decorated hymn posting. This one was accomplished by digital manipulation and here's what I did.

First, I downloaded a print of the one-page sheet music, brought it up in graphics program to whiten the background and sharpen the text. Then I inserted that as a picture in Word, adjusted it to be exactly the size as my physical hymnal pages which is 8.5 x 5.5 inches. This was set to be centered on the page.

Next, I found a graphic that I liked, downloaded it and brought it up in the graphics program to adjust color balance. I inserted this into the same Word document and adjusted the size to match the sheet music. This was also centered on the page. I applied a Word filter to the image (canvas) and saved the document.

Finally, I printed page one, reinserted the paper back into the printer and printed page two on top of it.

I used some a highlighter to reinforce the yellow glow, red-brown marker to fill in the cross, red marker for the wound. I used brown brush marker to write the lyrics top and bottom and outline the lamb. 

I trimmed the image to match the size of my hymnal pages and glued this in. Then I added some printed border sticker pieces to the top and bottom (I wanted to cover the page number from the sheet music which was not the same as where I placed it in my hymnal.)


I am very pleased with the final result!

Ddd

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 1:55 PM PDT

View Latest Entries