I love a good pun or any play on words and often employ them in naming my quilts (in case you hadn't noticed).
Today I finished up this quilt for myself and, because each block is different and most are florals, I named it Garden Variety Bunnies.
This is from a pattern called Country Bunnies and I selected 16 fat quarters that went well together and a whole variety of neutrals for background. The only things that are common between all the elements are the lavender collars on the rabbits, their tails and the dotted cornerstones.
In these couple of closeups you can better see some of the free-motion quilting I did. The outer border is leaves and vines, the sashings are reversing loops, the block backgrounds are meander with a squiggle under the bunny. All of the bunnies are 'outlined' with little scallops facing the inside edge and a looping fill. The tails are filled with swirls.
I selected a lavender sheet to use for the backing (matches the collars on the rabbits) and binding. However, it turned out to be cotton/poly in a strange weave that made it extremely ravel-y. I left the excess batting and backing on the quilt while I secured the binding and then used the serger to overlock the edges while its blade trimmed off the quilt. This was all covered when I turned the binding over to the back and stitched it down. Whew!
First quilt of the year is DONE! Gonna be snuggling under this one tonight.