« August 2021 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Tuesday, 31 August 2021
Nebraska In Plane View
Topic: Quilting

Seems like a VERY long time since the last posting. But I have not been idle. I have pieced TWELVE quilt tops but kept setting them aside to longarm later. I have finally come to a point where I felt I needed to set aside piecing and get to finishing up these projects!

The first one to come off the longarm was suggested by my son-in-law – A view of circle irrigation fields in Nebraska as seen from the air. I called it ‘Nebraska In Plane View’.

I used a friend’s Accuquilt cutting die for Drunkard’s Path to do all the cutting from my scraps of greens. I drew up a pattern and pieced the whole top. Then I whacked it apart and inserted a wide bias strip for the river. The road required me to make my own bias tape which I top-stitched along both edges. I created a bridge over the river with stitching, too. The farmhouse and the barn are paper-pieced and I added shading on and around them with alcohol markers.

Once on the longarm, I used green thread to made a variety of patterns of crops. Each border was quilted separately – serpentine for the inner border and leafy vines for the outer border.




Ready for a label and shipping off to my son-in-law - the man with the plan!

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 5:30 PM PDT

View Latest Entries