Topic: Bible Journaling
Back when I did the vellum butterfly pop-up insert in my Bible I thought how neat it would be to do one with angel wings.
I found a wing I liked and printed it out as a set with one a reverse image. Then I set it aside to do later.
Later got here!
I used to do a lot of parchment craft on cards and still had all the supplies to do this craft.
I used Tinta pearlescent ink and a dip pen to trace the wings onto parchment. Then I used a medium ball tool to burnish from the back - heavier at the wing tips and more streaked as they went toward the base. I used a 4-needle tool to pierce around the perimeter and tore away the background, leaving a bridge between the two wings.
I folded the wings together and used dry-line adhesive to glue them into the gutter of my bible.
I wrote out Psalm 34:7 in an art deco font.
I am so pleased with how this turned out - exactly how I had hoped.
I don't expect I will use many pop-ups in my Bible but this was a 'must have'.