« November 2018 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Wednesday, 28 November 2018
Warmth of Charity
Topic: Quilting
I am continuing to tackle the 'almost' quilts I started back in June.
 
I put the binding on two yesterday and have only one left that needs only this step. I have two more to quilt and bind and that will finish up the 6 that I want to donate to the hospital next month.
 
This one is called 'Sunblock'. It uses 5 fabrics that I bought to go together. The tone-on-tone prints coordinate with the tropical floral in the large squares.
 


This second one is called 'Doubly Charmed'. I started with two fall charm packs (same set) and chose a Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial called Grand Square for block directions.

Their directions required more of each matching print than I had so I mixed and matched the blocks. The background creams are scrappy as well and I had to add more fabrics that coordinated with the charm squares to get a quilt large enough. Then, because they were already scrappy, I decided to twist and turn them away from the pattern layout and this is how it ended up.

Whew! I still have plenty of 'in progress' quilts but they are all still 'in pieces' so I will set them aside to work on in the new year.

Ddd

Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 1:41 PM PST

View Latest Entries