« December 2018 »
S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Wednesday, 5 December 2018
Goal Fulfilled
Topic: Quilting

At the last posting of quilt finishes I indicated that I had three more to finish off to meet my goal of having six to donate to the hospital. Well, I have finished those three with a week and a half to spare!

I've shared before about the quilter whose children gave our group all her fabrics when she passed away. The last piece I had of those I took was a yardage with half-square-triangles printed on it. I found a tutorial on Missouri Star Quilt Company for a block called 'Royal Wedding', that used 4 blocks of 4 hst. I cut the yardage into groups of 4 units with a 1/4-inch border for the seam allowance. Other 'Betty' fabrics with coordinating colors went into the internal sashings. TOTALLY different measurements than MSQC pattern but I got the effect and I'm very happy with this result.


The next one was made from fabrics I got on deep discount. I selected the butterfly feature fabric and then chose several coordinates. The pattern was torn out from a very old magazine.

What looks like plain yellow is actually a gold imprinted over yellow.

When I was buying that discount fabric, I bought more of the gold and then added several tone-on-tone fabrics in jewel colors.

This is a pattern that I scratched out on paper and I have no idea what the source is!


So this wraps up the year with 15 quilts finished. I have two more in progress, one cut but not started and one ready to cut. I have no illusions about any of these being complete by the end of the year so I am closing off the count.

Of those, 14 went to charity (hospital or pregnancy center) and one to a lady who had just lost her companion dog.

Many plans for next year. After all, the BIG fabric store just went out of business and I have three large bags of brand new fabric from their final sale!

Ddd

 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 2:25 PM PST

View Latest Entries