« May 2020 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Sunday, 17 May 2020
Constellation
Topic: Quilting

The quilt for today is actually one of two I made using blocks from a class I took at the end of February. The pattern is called "Button Box" and was taught at the Sew and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup (Washington). It is actually a very basic block constructed with partial seaming. All of the fabric for the blocks was provided to us already precut.

I wouldn't have chosen these fabrics for myself but the instructor seemed to be pleased as punch about them.

In any case, I finished about half the blocks in class and the rest at home. From my stash I chose two different fabrics to interleave with the sewn blocks and made two tops for lap quilts.

For this one I used a bright red with multicolored stars. When I got it on the longarm today I pulled out a pantograph with stars and swirls and loaded up bright red thread for stitching.


Here is a closeup of the stitching on one block.


You'll recognize the border which is the same stripe used on the last convergence quilt I showed.

For the backing I had a large piece of white with multicolored stars. There was enough to use as the binding as well which you can see in the photo above.

While I had the big roll of batting on the table I decided to go ahead and cut the pieces I would need for the rest of the quilt tops I have done. So not I am ready with five more items ready for the longarm machine.

I actually have many more kits cut but I am MAKING myself wait to piece any more until all these are completed.

Sigh!

Ddd

 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 8:48 PM PDT

View Latest Entries