Topic: New Work
Last little onesie. This little boy card has a design made with rub-ons.
I drew a little placket around the buttons with a marker.
Second of the onesies cards for the buttons and bows challenge.
Everything is pretty much the same as yesterday's card except different colors and I used a vellum sticker for the decoration.
These are going to make such cute shower cards.
Another challenge - different group!
The theme of this challenge was 'buttons and bows'. I saw a picture of these onesies cards the other day and knew that was what I would do to fulfill the challenge.
The neck and legs are cut with a large circle punch. The ruffles are the same punch out of contrasting cardstock and then cut around with a scallop circle nestability die. The buttons are tiny brads but I cut off the legs and used glue-dots to attach them (and the little bow at the neckline).
I used white rub-ons to put the text on the front of the card.
One group or another is always issuing a challenge - keeps me on my toes and gives me some focus so I don't have to think up projects on my own.
This time the challenge is for the Scor-Pal Pals group and we were to make an accordion purse. I used the generalized structure but made up my own measurements as I went.
I used two self-stick magnets to hold the front flap closed and placed a large rhinestone on the flap to look like a snap closure. The Handle is held on with brads and a liner placed in the lid to cover the stub ends.
I like the subtle coloring of the scrapbook paper I used to wrap the cardstock.
Still another swap challenge - to combine iris folding with paper embroidery. I chose to not only embroidery the stitching stickers but added beads to them as well.
The iris folding is done with tissue papers and I drew faux stitching around the elements.
Made to answer a challenge to use cross stitch paper embroidery. I found a heart cross stitch online and used it as the basis for making this shamrock.
I added self-stick rhinestones and gold peel-off stickers.
For a recent swap I needed a paper embroidery Easter card. I stamped the cross on the blue cardstock and colored it with watercolor pencils. The stitching is based on a portion of a pricking stencil I have.
The corners are punched and I used some glittery orange flowers as accents. The folded yellow cardstock base was selected to match some of the central flowers.
A dishwasher crisis about 12 weeks ago (at 3:45 am, no less) brought on an unanticipated home renovation. We decided to push past what the insurance provided to put in place what we really wanted.
My hubby gave me all the choices in materials, colors, and plans and this became my biggest design challenge ever. Here are the before/after photos.
First is the basement familyroom which is under the kitchen and got the ceiling, floor (carpet) and two walls ruined.
This is the finished room:
Here's a view from the other end.
2nd room ruined was the dining room. It was mainly the carpet which you see here.
We decided to replace it with hardwood:
And then there was the kitchen (and laundry). We started with the ugliest 1972 kitchen in a double-L layout that was much too small. It had a counter with overhead cabinets extending into the room, separating it from the dining room. It also had plastic green and orange wallpaper and linoleum with asbestos in it!
Here is the 'before'
and the final result with painted walls, tile floors, new maple cabinets, new countertops, and an open floorplan.
Because the laundry is an extension of the kitchen, it got a makeover as well.
So there you have it - 12 weeks of upheval followed by a lifetime of beauty... and I designed it all myself.
I've put this house to paper several times before, but never so it resembles a pen and ink drawing.
I used a corner punch to create decorative slots in which to slip the corners.
One of my groups issued a sketch challenge and this was what I put together. The cross is a new stamp from a set I bought that also includes the text. Foil paper makes up the 4 background blocks and the two lavender panels are cut with Nestabilities dies.
Silk flowers and buttons are attached with glue dots.
I arranged floral stickers on cardstock and then shaded around with grey and yellow watercolor pencils. These were smoothed with water on a brush.
The card was trimmed up with gold sticker borders.
When I was young we used to make Easter Bunny cakes using heart shaped cakes cut in half. We would ice them and cover them with colored cocanut.
I wanted to try the same thing with heart stickers and this is the result.
Hubby says it looks like a snail!
This is a page I designed for the toddlers to use at library storytime. We had a bunch of farm animal stickers for them and they could place them anywhere they wanted on their farm.
Though it is not the season for this graphic, you may save it to use when the time is right! I created it as a full page graphic to be printed on letter-sized paper. The the kids cut 'three sides of a square' to make flaps all over the house. They then glued the page to letter size cardstock and could draw Halloween images or place stickers behind the flaps. We used these to make a countdown to Halloween calendar at the library.
The library where I work had a summer reading theme relating to adventure a few years ago. I created a treasure map to the children's department for tehm to hand out to the kids.
The sections of stacks are very generalized but correct in location to one another.
A while back, at work, I created some custom labels for book spines. One of these was the recently shown 'Food For Thought' graphic. Here are some others:
This is for the children's department for books written in two languages.
This is for a new collection of paperbacks.
And this one is for the graphic novels in the children's department.
They all are in a 3/4" x 1" format.