Ummm, Yeah, I Totally Meant To Do That
While I was in the mode of watercolor stamping I pulled out this image (one of my favorites) and inked it with Adriondack pads. Unfortunately, the 'sketch lines' are so close together that the misted water and ink pools into them and the whole thing stamps as blobs of color. I misted the stamp again and stamped...nope still too much. Then on the third misting I got very light color but still no definition.
Harrumph! I dried all of them with the heat gun and put them in the bin to use as backgrounds/tiles/whatever. Then it occured to me to try using them as BASE color and stamp the image in black over the top. So with the use of my stamp positioner, I aligned the image and stamped with Archival black ink. Impressions one and two still look lame but this one...
What a perfectly colored image. I used a Nestabilities die to cut and emboss the image and selected papers to layer that picked up the image colors. The solid layer got some Cuttlebug embossing (branches) which were enhanced with distress ink. Then I used a distressing tool on the paper edges of both pink layers and inked the edges slightly.
Layered onto green cardstock, the pearl accents were added and then I hand-lettered the text.
Posted by email@example.com
at 6:00 AM PDT