Snowflakes Are Crystals
Topic: Paper Embroidery
Assignment (Several months ago): Make a paper embroidery card for Christmas.
I chose to use a snowflake pattern of my own since I already had it pricked out. Then the problems started:
1. The thread color was too close to the paper color so the snowflake didn't show up very well - solution: stitch beads to the ends of all the branches.
2. Still not enough definition - solution: use a grey marker to shade the branches.
3. Decided to stamp snowflakes around the background and the feature faded away again - solution: cut all the stamping away by making a shaped unit.
4. Mounted snowflake to a folded card base that was too close to the color of the snowflake - solution: add darker borders to top and bottom.
5. Too plain - solution: added silver peeloffs, silver liquid pearls, silver stickles atound the card. Added silver stickles to the snowflake at the intersections.
So... here it is:
For a rough ride, it turned out okay.
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
at 12:01 AM PST