Topic: Dry Embossing
So, this was a challenge on one of my groups: Dry emboss acetate and use Sakura Lacquers to color in the image. Ummm, I don't have any of those. So I'll try out other products and see what works.
First, I tried using Copic markers. They look sketchy as they don't spread like the liquids would do. I ended up using two colors for the stems (green and brown) and two in the buds (yellow and blue). I stamped the text on a ledger paper and used a dry adhesive around the edges to mount.
Then I decided to try out alcohol inks. I put a drop out on an acrylic block and picked up with a water-brush filled with blending soluton. This was painted into the indentations of the embossing. On this one I used the inks to wet and they ran up the sides of the indentations. I let them dry and then used a sanding block to clean up the edges a bit. This scratched up the acetate so I just went with it and sanded it to a satin finish.
I stamped text on a printed cardstock and mounted the acetate over that. a red border sets it off from the very similar colored card base.
I kind of got the hang of it with this one. This technique does not lend itself to neat, clean edges but gives more of a watercolor effect. I used only green ink and mounted over a blue paper. This was such a nice pattern I didn't want to cover it up so I just added a single strip of cardstock with a rhinestone border and three satin bows.
I can't see myself spending a LOT of time with this technique. I do have a couple more made up that I have to turn into cards someday, though.