A blog called bits and pieces uses a lot of masking to create color spots to stamp in. I thought I would try this technique. I used a Nestabilities Labels 18 die to cut a shape in some masking paper. This was then applied to the front of a white card base. I used a foam blending tool to apply old olive distress ink to the opening. Then I used the same ink to stamp some grasses and stems in the opening. I then removed the mask and stamped more of the green followed by the grasses in black. The last step was to stamp a dragonfly in black and color it in with blue.
I put the same mask on another white card and this time inked with broken china ink. I used the same stamping sequence but colored the dragonfly with yellow. On top of the blue background the yellow made the dragonfly green.
I was having so much fun with this that I decided to combine the colors to create a sky and ground. Instead of stamping with branches I switched to the little grass stamp. I stamped inside the aperture and after removing the mask I stamped it all along the bottom edge. I used brown cardstock to cut a couple of poles and strung scrappers floss between them. I stamped a onesie on three pieces of printed cardstock and cut them out. They are then glued over the floss clothesline.tiny cardstock clothespins are glued to the shoulders.
Even though this uses a baby onesie stamp I didn't want it to be a baby card. So I gave it a 'summertime' greeting to make it a generic greeting card.