I think I've used this embossing folder more in these backgrounds than I ever did as embossing tools. I like that it does not impart sharp edges so the background is more casual.
I used a large block of the background for this first one and added some border strips from the table scraps. Actually, I cut into a brand new piece of paper for the stripes on the left, creating more table scraps in the process. The butterflies are punched from paint sample strips. The sentiment is from the new bin. I think that bin is going to come in very handy.
I had only a narrow strip of the bubble background left to I used it as one of the decorative stripes in this next card. I added table scraps and a strip of tissue tape over a rose-printed background paper for the layout. Then I pulled out this rose that I colored up LONG ago (its from that old stamp catalog) and popped it up on foam tape. The sentiment strip was pretty eye-catching so I added some leaves of the same cardstock to frame the heart.
MUCH brighter in real life.