When I was making the quilt I called Celtic Dreams I thought I had a better way to construct the blocks - by using strips instead of paper piecing. Um...not so much. It was impossible to keep the strips uniform and they did not fit together right. I mucked around with it enough to complete three blocks - what would have been the centerpiece of the larger quilt. But in the end it was just too loosey-goosey for me and I couldn't deal with the mis-matching of the corners. I also couldn't imagine trying to do the rest of the quilt that way - fudging, shifting, and cheating my way through the whole thing.
So I set that center set of blocks aside and started over with the quilt and did it with paper piecing as it was supposed to have been done in the first place. Fast-forward six months and I used up the scraps to add corners and borders and backed it with another large scrap. I added a hanging sleeve and turned this into a wall hanging for my fireplace.
I joked that I should name this one 'From a Distance' because it is best viewed from there!