I pulled out my very favorite stamp for the caards today. The hydrangea is stamped on watercolor paper and used Distress Marker ink as paint for watercoloring. Each of the florettes got a small dot of yellow pearl paint.
First I used a dark dusty purple for bordering everything. The striped paper is a bit of stability in the sea of green matrix.
A brighter purple really livens up this card. The diagonal line between the two patterned papers creates a great dynamic.
When I diecut these two images I also embossed the edges. On one I sponged the distress ink around all the edges and on the other I left the die in place when sponging to create a white border.