When I was choosing stamped images to color I finally broke down and just tossed a lot of them that I was sure I never wanted to see again. Hard for me to do, too, but I kept out the best ones. Today I selected a remaining pair of topiary images and colored them with alcohol inks.
First, I cut the image with a diecut, using it half on each side so the result was narrower. I used distress ink on the image to tone down its stark whiteness. Then I backed with complementary patterned papers all banded in green to echo the bush. The stamped sentiment in brown balances the color of the pot.
I left the white background on the second tree and changed up the backing papers. I kept the green borders and changed up the sentiment. I highlighted the illustration a bit more by adding two sizes of red rhinestones where the 'fruits' were.
On the first card the illustration is up on foam tape while on the second card it is used under the sentiment.