I still had a bin of the diecut medallions and used black ink to stamp the centers. They were on white cardstock and since the Cosmo Cricket line does not have any white in it I used Old Paper Distress Ink to tone the edges to a cream color.
I blocked off the fancy borders with removable tape before stamping three birds on a branch. These were colored with the custom palette. When I went looking for backing papers I found that a couple from one of the other recent lines I was playing with actually went better with this illustration.
The yellow stripes echo the right bird, the sentiment echoes the center bird and the bordering papers echo the left bird.
The illustration block is popped up on foam tape.