This card kind of came together in fits and starts but I do like the end result very much! The starting point was the branch I stamped on one of the fancy diecuts and colored with the custom palette. I had selected the paper strip and the background paper as well as the bordering color. Then I got stuck.
It just looked too blah when the diecut feature was plopped on top of the strip so I decided to open up the ends of the unit and weave the strip through it like a slider. Better, still not great.
Then I went looking for a sentiment in the bin of pre-stamps and this one looked so good with the sky color. I added enough of the same blue to go under the top part of the illustration and knew that I was on the right track.
I cut some of the green bordering material to back the oval part of the die cut so the blue would not show through the open dots. Then I raised only the center of the diecut up on foam and attached the ends of the strip with blue brads to continue the color theme.
YES! Exactly right!