For a time the short adult clothing protectors (bibs) were a grand success but as circumstances changed so have the needs. These are the changes that I made to the original pattern:
1 - from short to long: Originally waist length, now down to the knees. Now they will no longer have to put a towel on the lap to keep spills off their clothing.
2 - short open pocket to deep split pocket: The original pocket could hold a napkin, kleenex or hankie but a shift could open the pocket for these items to tumble out. Now there is a seam up the middle to create two pockets that will not gape open.
3 - from cotton to terrycloth: These needed to be more absorbent so spills would not simply slide or drip off. Terrycloth met the criteria.
4 - from completely bound to partially bound: The old style had all the edges bound with bias tape. These new ones are only bound around the neck and across the top of the pocket. The rest has a single-turned hem with a decorative stitch over top.
The neck still closes with velcro.
I made a 'wardrobe' of 6 clothing protectors in yellow, green, brown, blue, lavender and coral. All the bias tape and decorative thread are in coordinating colors.
These take just one-half yard of fabric each. So they start out at 18 inches wide and finish at around 17 1/2.