No it hasn't been 'that long' since I did any quilting. Instead, I used up a lot of my scraps and stash and worked on creating 8 quilt tops one after the other. Now I am gradually sandwiching, quilting and binding them.
The first one completed is from scraps of a wide floral stripe. I had used some of the stripes for borders on the 'Strippety Serendipity' quilt. For this one I cut the remainder of the fabric into the stripes, preserving the purple separating striped areas.
Each floral stripe got side borders of green. The resulting band was measured for width and then blocks were cross-cut from it at the same measurement to make squares.
These squares were turned so that they went _ | _ | _ | across, making sure that the birds in the blocks went in every direction so there is no 'right side up' to this perfectly square quilt.
I used the reserved purple stripe for the first border, a pink dot for the second border and the green from the blocks for the binding.
I quilted in the floral blocks by outlining the main blooms:
On the back is a cheery tone-on-tone pink. I used red thread in the bobbin and it blends nicely:
You also get a peek at the birds going in different directions in this view.
This is quilt #25 for Passages.