When I bought my new sewing machine, the SewSteady clear acrylic table I had used with my Janome did not fit. So I ordered a new table when I got the machine.
When the table came, it did not come with a carry case so I have been hauling it back and forth to workshops, tucked under my arm. I always remove the legs and drop them in one of my supply cases.
Flash forward to Christmas when I received a stack of 1/2 yard cuts of 6 fabrics with sewing materials printed on them. they are all in blacks, reds and white. The minute I saw them I knew I was going to construct a carry case for my acrylic table.
I measured the table, drew a plan on graph paper, wrote myself some step-by-step directions and started cutting.
The front and back of the case are sandwiched with batting and backing and I did overall loopy quilting.
I constructed a pocket for the outside which closes with velcro and hold the table legs.
I bought 1" webbing and top-stitched fabric onto it before stitching to the case.
The case closes with velcro. For the lining, I used a gifted-to-me fabric that was so ugly I couldn't imagine what else I would ever do with it (note blue, yellow, red, white above).
The case fabrics are MUCH cooler than the lining:
I used the reds and blacks for the front and back of the case. I used smaller amounts of the whites as I thought they might show dirt sooner. The scissors are only used on the pocket and the buttons are used for the carry straps as well as a binding for the raw edges of the flap, front of case under the flap and the flap of the pocket.
The table measures 23 inches square and the case is about 25 inches square when closed.
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
at 12:01 AM PST