You may remember the 'convergence' quilts I made a while back. I was having so much fun with that pattern that I cut our PILES of parts to make more. I did make a couple of tops and set them aside when making masks so they haven't been quilted yet.
However, I had enough fabrics to cut TWO of a fabric I loved with multicolored lilacs on it. Well, I got to daydreaming about how I could combine those fabrics to make one larger quilt with the same feel to it.
I found, first of all, that trying to draw this idea on paper was worthless as every time something wasn't working out I had to erase the phole thing and start over. GAAAAAHH!
So I started working by the seat of my pants. 'What if..." and then cutting and interleaving and sewing back together. "Now if I do this..." and trying that out.
When I was all done I had a beautiful, if smallish, lap quilt. I was so excited by it that it went right to the head of the line of projects to go on the longarm machine.
I used a pantograph called 'paisley' to quilt this.