Well, I think I am done rooting in the 'orphan blocks' bin for a while! The 'Mitered Mania' quilt I made in January yielded 5 extra blocks and 2 additional strip triangles that did not match up. So I tore apart the 5th block into two triangles and made an arrangement with four blocks in the center with two triangles placed on each end.
Strange shape. I pulled out some recently used backing fabric to add corner triangles and then side borders (blue floral).
Still needing to grow this I looked in my drawer of fabrics with a variety of colors in them. Eureka! I found a piece of butterfly fabric with all the right colors. It was then that I noticed that the green strips in the blocks had butterflies. I used this new fabric (leftover from my sister's stash) for uneven borders to expand the width more than the length.
To keep expanding the size I pulled out another recent backing fabric (the yellow pinstripe was back for all of the last three quilts I finished) and added another round of uneven borders.
Now with a 'theme' of butterflies emerging I decided to quilt with loops and butterflies. I used a fine, light yellow thread for this.
The binding is the same as the backing used on this quilt.