Wild Goose Chase
More play with the orphan block bin....
First a peek at the final result and then a step-by-step on the source of the blocks used.
This is a smaller lap quilt which could be a wall hanging, too.
The starting point for this was the center block. The orphan bin also contained some leftover strip sets from the same source.
This was the source of all those dotted fabrics - From October 2015:
One of the blue blocks was what I had on hand
Then I matched in some half square triangles
Which were orphans of this quilt from Debember 2015
This quilt is ALL half square triangles and I used both the red/tan and the green/tan combinations.
I kept pulling scraps from the leftover 2 1/2 inch strips bag to build the size with borders upon borders.
When I got to a reasonable size I didn't want to put on a big clunky border so I found some fabrics that came to me from my sister's stash and played with my new Accuquilt cutter to create a bunch of flying geese. These were arranged going in one direction so they chase around the quilt.
Yesterday's quilt border leftovers provided the fabric for the striped binding. (In turn, the cut-offs from the backing on this one provided the binding for that one.)
Quilting is done using a pantograph that mimics the flowers in the dark bordering strip (and spacing pieces toward the center).
This was made in the "add a little and set aside till the next idea comes" manner and I quite like the final result.
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
at 8:37 AM PDT