Topic: A - Z challenge 7
I haven't done any one-stroke painting for a long time. These are the first tulips I have painted. The text is a vellum sticker.
A digital creation for the boys in my life - This card will probably end up with some little grandsons. I took the photos on the lot when we went to buy a tractor, recently. Theywere cleaned up in PhotoPaint and combined in CoredDraw9.
I created this digital image for the background using Corel PhotoPaint. The idea I had was to use 'tu-lips' for today's theme. I had this fabulous tulip sticker in my stash and created the colors in the background piece around that.
The text is a sticker.
I started this theme with the text sticker and turned it into a baby card. The background is printed scrapbook paper and the stitching along the sides is rub-ons. All the rest is stickers.
First time making polymer clay beads. I used translucent clay with a small slice of metallic color for each of 4 bead colors. Then I used a bead former that has three shapes to make an equal number of each bead shape from each color. After baking they were strung on stretchy cord with wooden spacer beads.
Here is a closeup of the beads.
Remember ROYGBIV? It is the mneumonic for the order of the colors of the rainbow: Red Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
So I decided to include the whole rainbow of colors and set them off against an indigo night sky. These whirly-gigs are actually cut out from a quilt printed in a calendar. I gave them a scrapbook paper grassy field and dyed flower buttons with alcohol ink for centers.
The text is a vellum sticker. I enhanced the print to show up better.
I've mentioned before that, although I do not like to do quilling, I do like husking. It's like drawing with strips of paper.
I created this bird from a picture of a husking found on the web. It is mounted on a Cuttlebug background, patterned scrapbook paper and blue cardstock.
The text is a sticker.
For this project I used Golden's Gel Medium (Soft Semi-GLoss).
I used it as an adhesive and a topcoat for covering an old cigar box with wrapping paper collage.
This flyfishing wrapping paper made an attractive collage and I used gold tissue paper as edge bindings.
I just love the fabulous colors on these tags! I distressed them and added a broken line around them. They each have a bit of sheer ribbon and garden-themed stickers. The text is a fabric sticker.
...well, really just eagle feathers....well really just rubber-stamped eagle feathers...
I used my hand-carved feather stamp, colored with watercolor pencils and moved the color around with a water-brush. I made the ring of wire and wrapped with a satiny ribbon. It is stitched it to the front of patterned paper with two strands of embroidery floss which was also used to create the web across the dreamcatcher and wind the base of the feathers.
The feathers are mounted on pop-dots and the text is a clear sticker.
I used a paper ledger and wrote in dates and transaction details, tore the edges and distressed with ink. Then I went on the hunt for antique-looking papers to combine with it. A child's penmanship practice sheet, an old catalog page and a tintype photograph sere in my selections, each distressed with ink, as well. I also distressed the background cardstock.
The dip-pen and skeleton key are cardstock stickers and the text is a combination of two rub-ons.
Christmas? So early?
What else are you going to do with camels? I drew this caravan and used the craft knife to cut them from patterned black scrapbook paper. They are layered on gold scrapbook paper and on maroon cardstock.
The card is embellished with a star brad and a text sticker.
This one was a real brain-stretcher. I finally ended up sketching up this fish skeleton and carving a rubber stamp from it. I stamped with walnut ink on crackle print scrapbook paper. The background paper seemed to fit the 'outdoorsy-flannel' look so I went with it.
The bear is a rub-on and the text with rick-rack is a fabric sticker.
These reproductions of antique toy cards made for an interesting variation on a baby card. They are mounted on pop-dots to add dimension and chipboard stickers in an antique font were selected to make the caption. The edges of the card are distressed with color.
HE'S IN THE END ZONE -TOUCHDOWN! Background for this card is a print of the specifications for a US football field. I copied onto green paper and embellished with stickers, stickers, and more stickers.
We're going to pretend that this picture was taken from a yacht (instead of a cruise ship). This is an all-digital creation using premade graphics for the flags (yes, they really do spell "Yachts O Fun".)
This was compiled in CorelDraw9 and refined in PhotoPaint9.
Xylene is a chemical used as a paint stripper. I used a product called "Goof-Off" for my transfer. The paperweight is from the Dollar Store and comes off from its base to insert ones own artwork.
I used the xylene on a photocopy of ladies from an old dress pattern and applied the transfer directly to the back of the glass. This is layered over a piece of dress pattern tissue and a circle of checked scrapbook paper.
I am not too fond of the 'mushiness' of the image one gets with this transfer methid.
The spools of thread on these cards are wound with thread to match the papers and ribbon used. Buttons and needles are added in coordinating colors as well. I was finding this easy to put together so I did three at the same time.
All greetings are stickers.
Now THIS is my kind of election!
This is a digital creation printed directly onto cardstock. This is the front:
and this is the inside:
By the way, today is the one-year anniversary of this blog. Leave a comment on this entry and I will draw names on the June 30. Three winners will receive a project from the A-Z challenge as a thank-you gift for reading this year.