I made a wire frame and used paper beads to create this snowflake ornament. This was a design I created in my sleep last week! Worked just as I dreamed it.
I used a gold and a silver wrapping paper to make paper beads then strung them with two different glass beads to make a long necklace. I had not used beading wire before so the construction was a new process for me.
I framed this stamped image with a background piece made with alcohol inks. The aperture is cut with a die in the Cuttlebug and both the pieces are mounted on a coral cardstock base.
The charms and the round sticker were covered with Glossy Accents to make them shiny.
Simple and clean. Very little color was added to this stamp so it has a true watercolor effect. I added Stickles to the wings for glitter effect. All three layers were distressed with purple ink.
The text is a clear sticker. (how MANY times have I said that?!?!?)
The irridescent threads used to stitch this shell don't show up in photos but in real life they look fabulous. The crackle-finish scrapbook paper is mounted over a cream cardstock base and trimmed out with gold peel-off borders and a gold peel-off greeting.
Here is a different angle on the shell that shows the threads better.
For this stamp I used one of the Nestabilities label dies to cut and emboss its edges. Then I distressed the edges with Broken China distressing ink. Th backing piece is more of my paste paper and it overlays a blue folded card base, also distressed with Broken China ink.
The circle text is a cardstock sticker.
Srarting with a stamped image, colored with watercolor pencils, I then cut it to shape and mounted on scrapbook paper over a purple folded cardstock base.
Bands of rubons frame the sides and provide the text.
The framing piece for this stamping, colored with watercolor pencils, is a piece of paste paper I made a long time ago. I punched the corners and cut an aperture with a Nestabilities die. Orange floral brads adorn the corners and an orange folded card serves as the base.
Two cardstock stickers furnish the text.
This stitched shell with verigated threads was cut to shape and placed on a background collaged with a variety of scrapbook papers. All are mounted on a blue folded card base.
The text is a cardstock sticker.
I love junk mail. That's where I got this beautiful purple/blue background cardstock. I used Nestabilities round to cut the hole for the watercolor penciled floral to be mounted behind and then cut both together with the scallop die. I used a smaller scallop die for the text circle. The text is a stamp.
After mounting to white folded cardstock, with foam dots, the card was too plain so I started doodling with a fine-line marker. Dots, dashes, squiggles, and lines brought it all together.
Choosing to color the iris stamp pink was the set-up for this card. I had some shiny pink paper that I embossed with a Fiskars texture plate in the Cuttlebug and cut both panels with square scallop Nestabilities dies.
These are mounted to a pink folded card base along with a glossy text sticker.
Not your traditional Christmas colors, but pretty, I think. I colored with watercolor pencils and blended with a water brush. Handmade paper was crumpled and torn as a backing with button brads at the corners.
Kraft cardstock is folded as a base and a round thick acrylic sticker was centered over the tree trunk.
I colored this fall stamp with colored pencils and backed it with a plaid scrapbook paper and a green paper with a subtle stripe.
This is mounted over an orange folded cardstock base.
The text (again) is a clear sticker.
I had a great background paper to use with this stamped image and decided to use it as a shape to look like more glass. I drew in some random lines to simulate leading. Then I used yellow distress ink to brush the edges.
I cut the yellow folded card base to an echoing shape.
The text is a clear sticker.
This stamp was colored with watercolor pencils and blended with a water brush. A yellow border sets it off from the background made with alcohol ink and metallic marker on glossy cardstock. Another yellow layer borders this over the purple folded card base.
I used a yellow Sharpie on a glossy sticker and applied that to the finished card.
Another brass stencil impression in the Cuttlebug results in this panel, kept square this time. I did use a corner punch for a bit of interest and then used purple heart brads to hold it to scrapbook paper.
I distressed the edges with purple and then with a rough edge.
The text is a clear sticker and all is placed on a white folded card base.
I used a Fiskars texture plate in the Cuttlebug to make an overall pattern on the shiny paper, then a Spellbinders die to cut the aperture and a punch for the decorative corners. This was all mounted over a stamped image colored with watercolor pencils.
I used a Sharpie marker to doodle around the circle and the outside.
The text is a cardstock sticker.
I used a brass stencil in the Cuttlebug to emboss the butterfly panel. I used Fiskars border punch on more of the same material. These were placed over and under the striped scrapbook paper.
Some of those new Fiskars zings were placed along the side and two sizes of stickon rhinestones added.
Ribbon with tripple knots is tied at the spine of the folded card base.
Two stamped dragonflies were colored with watercolor marker and grey drop-shadows were added. three sides trimmed up with deckle edge scissors - asme used on one edge of green scrapbook paper. Black ribbon tied on, papers layered, three brads added.
Mounted to folded card base. Thick acrylic sticker with text.