« March 2008 »
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4  «
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Bible Journaling
Color Challenge
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Music to Work By
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Pretty Paper
Scrap Recovery
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Teabag Folding
tips and tricks
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Monday, 24 March 2008
F is for Fruit
Topic: A - Z challenge round 4

There are some supplies and papers that seem just too precious to use. So they get saved, then stashed, then forgotten. Such is the case with this border of fruit swags. It is from a sheet of overall print that is enhanced with gilt and is an extremely rich print. I cut carefully along the bottom on one swag for the border.

The bottom fruits are print from a table napkin. The base card was given adhesive in the Xyron and both illustrations were affixed. I then covered the exposed adhesive with verigated leafing and burnished it to a high gloss. 

Ddd studio3d@ccwebster.net


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT
Sunday, 23 March 2008
E is for Egg
Topic: A - Z challenge round 4

I made a basic egg shape and cut out several from various scrapbook papers.

Eggs in coordinating patters were arranged on white cardstock and embellished with other cutouts, stickers and embellishments.

Ddd studio3d@ccwebster.net


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT
Updated: Tuesday, 11 March 2008 1:34 PM PDT
Saturday, 22 March 2008
D is for Dangle
Topic: A - Z challenge round 4

This is the first time I have done any wire loops so they aren't perfect by any means. I made these angel dangles using a cap, dragonfly wings, a bead and a spacer, all strung on a headpin. I picked up the parts at the bead store. 

I was surprised to find that I had 4 sterling silver chains in my stash from long-ago jewelry-making classes!

Ddd studio3d@ccwebster.net


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT
Friday, 21 March 2008
C is for Candy Wrappers
Topic: A - Z challenge round 4

Sometimes I struggle so long with coming up with a way to use a theme that I'm sure I won't be able to use it. Then suddenly, while I'm doing something totally unrelated, WHAM! That was how this idea came about.

The candies are adhesive-backed acrylic circles over scrapbook papers. These are trimmed close around and then wrapped in cellophane. They are attached over printed scrapbook paper and enhanced with a text sticker with a border from the same paper as one of the candies.

The cellophane is attached to the backing with glue dots behind the candy and at each end.

Ddd studio3d@ccwebster.net


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT
Thursday, 20 March 2008
B is for Buttons
Topic: A - Z challenge round 4

I saw this idea so many years ago I can't remember where! I love the idea of using the holes in the buttons this way.

I used silicone to adhere on a backing of mulberry paper (sky) and handmade paper (snow). The noses and the hats are cut of craft foam and colored with Sharpie markers.

I used some sticky yarn to make neckscarves for each of them.

For those who find themselves in the midst of snowstorms - I'm sorry to remind you! LOL!

Ddd studio3d@ccwebster.net


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT
Wednesday, 19 March 2008
A is for Acetate
Topic: A - Z challenge round 4

The butterflies are stamped onto acetate with black Staz-On and heated. Then I colored with Ranger alcohol inks on the back side using a paint brush. After dry they were cut out with a craft knife. 


The pansies are vellum stickers that I arranged on printed cardstock. I creased the wings at the side of the body to make them stand up ant then attached only the body with double-stick tape.

Ddd studio3d@ccwebster.net


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT
Updated: Monday, 24 March 2008 7:05 PM PDT

Newer | Latest | Older