First, a little about 'naming conventions' on my quilts. Rarely do I ever name a quilt the exact name of the pattern I used to make it. Instead, I think about the naming all the way through the process. Here are some factors:
- what to the fabrics remind me of?
- what does the pattern remind me of?
- what do the colors bring to mind?
- what was I listening to on audiobook as I made it?
- who will it go to?
- what is my favorite thing about the quilt?
- when I say that name will it bring this quilt to mind?
- have I used a similar name before?
- does it remind me of music of a particular genre or piece?
- is there a pun or play on words in combining any of the above?
I used an overall swirl to quilt this.
I have three more quilts that are ready for longarming in the next few days, so stay tuned!