Hard pressed (lol) to come up with an appropriate 'topic' for this entry. Many years ago I saw fabrics that were decorated with what was called 'flower pounding'. They laid the flowers on canvas, covered with absorbent papers and pounded them with a hammer to transfer the flower colors to the fabric. I never tried it.
Then as I was walking along and noticed some attractive wildflowers (weeds) beside the road I decided to try a different version of this technique by laying the blooms and stems between two pieces of watercolor paper and running it through the Cuttlebug..... squish.
The result was very juicy and nothing was clearly defined. So I scraped off all the flower remains, dried the piece with a heat gun and then set to work trying to recover something from the experiment. I first used a fine-line pen to draw alont the stems, define flowers in the yellow places and draw in pods where other blobs occured. I added some grassy lines to the background and then used watercolor markers to redefine the colors as they were very washed out.
I used a dotted cardstock to frame it (along with a thin black drawn line) and a cream cardstock base.
It turned out OK in the end but the process was WAY more than squashing flowers to imprint them as I had originally intended.