I had cut many more color blocks than I needed for yesterday's quilt so I picked up some black with mixed size and color dots to used as the side bars and did the same layout. (This is really a modified Rail Fence block - thus the title of the quilt and today's blog entry.)
I used the same black for the backing so didn't have the butterfly tie-in for quilting. I kept the graphic image of the colors as the focus and did the quilting down the center of each black bar, creating an X at each intersection where they jogged left and right.
I used a bright pink for the binding to reinforce the modern, graphic feel.