With a few days off after Christmas I just had to get some more quilting time in. I opened up those new file boxes of quilting 'kits' and just pulled out the first one I came to.
The original pattern is for making a baby quilt in pink and two tones of purple. My selections were an orange, green, yellow paisley, a red with yellowish hearts and some of the multicolored dots on black. The pattern only uses three colors.
I had to make the red border narrower due to lack of fabric so I added the paisley border to compensate. Total scraps left over might equal 1 foot square if all combined.
I backed it with leftover fabric from a previous project and did a wrapped edge of the backing to the front with a top-stitch to finish it. Quilting is in the ditch just around the black pinsheel blocks and between the two borders.
This quilt is about 45-inches square and will go to the hospital's Passages program.