Not done with the alcohol background yet. I had two pieces that were very close in appearance with great fall coloring and silver mixatives on the surface. Each of them was just large enough to stamp one of the large leaf images.
I used Archival black to stamp the images and dried with a heat gun. I used small scissors and trimmed right up against the images.
Now my idea was to run these cut leaves through the Xyron machine to apply a layer of adhesive and stick them onto a burgundy background. Unfortunately, I put them in the Xyron upside down and now I had adhesive ON THE FRONT! Aaaaaaak!
In an effort to salvage them, I placed them on a sheet of transparency, applied adhesive to the back of the leaves and placed this over the piece of burgundy. To keep the edges down and not have adhesive showing, I scored the transparency at the edges of the burgundy and turned it to the back. This got stuck down with a line of adhesive and 'hooray' the leaves were saved!
I finished this off by mounting it with foam tape over a sage green card base and adding silver peel-off word stickers for a sentiment.
Gotta be flexible.