I can't believe we're up to October already with this year-long challenge!
Here is the inspiration piece from Tim. He went with a distinctly Halloween tag, but I am NOT all about Haloween.
I went back to the very basic idea that Tim used and focused on 1) wrinkle-free distress backgrounds 2) layering diecuts made from those backgrounds 3) a word feature. Granted, I used diecuts that are nothing like Tim's and worked on a large showpiece instead of a tag, but the process is similar and led to a project I am proud of (much more than if I had made a Halloween tag).
Here are the steps I used:
- create wrinkle-free distress background in 6 color-ways
- diecut and punch various 'scene' parts from the backgrounds
- ink edges of each piece with Distress Ink using a foam blender
- attach a piece of copper ColorMe paper to a heavy base layer
- use Distress Ink and blending foam to color background
- ink edges using Distress Ink
- add large distressed background over the ColorMe background
- assemble diecut parts into a 'scene' using foam tape to raise in successive layers
- diecut a script word from distress background paper
- layer word over fancy diecut label
- attach to main piece using several layers of foam tape
- use various colors of Stickles to decorate elements of the scene
- add a double line around the main piece with the fine tip of a Distress marker
- present on a picture holder stand
Here is the finished piece:
Ummm, yeah. That is NOT a Zombie Head Tag!