I ran across a multi-cut plan for using 3 sheets of 12 x 12 cardstock and 3 sheets of 8.5 x 11 cardstock (all coordinating) to mix and match parts and create 9 cards. I chose from a patriotic 12 x 12 pad for all the papers and just cut three of them down to meet the 8.5 x 11 size for half of them.
For this first one I used the blue paisley as the card base and added a red swirl and a blue and white star papers. I banded all of them with a white shimmer paper and also used my big star punch to create an added feature. I backed it with some of the red and stamped the striped star in the center. The star and the sentiment strip are raised up on foam tape.
On the next one I used a text background as the card base. Red and blue striped papers are mixed with the blue star and blue paisley. I added a holographic flag sticker to the largest block and used white gel pen to add stitches around the pieces.
Next up is a red card base on which I stamped blue striped stars. Then I used the same ink to stamp open and solid stars to the blue striped paper to totally change the look of it. I layered the red stripe over the blue star paper and used it as a place to stamp the sentiment. A couple of goldstar brads grace the sides and this layer is popped up on foam tape.
This one is more subdued and with all of the blue papers they just melted into each other. So I mounted all the pieces on red backing to define the edges. I used more of the red backing to stamp the sentiment and set it off with some white faux-stitching.
The blue star cardstock makes a great base card. I defined most of the decorative pieces with more of the red backing and reserved another red piece for stamping. For this I used a stamp that says "AEIO missing U". I stamped this once then masked multiple times to stamp just the AEIO part. The 'missing U' then got set off with white gel pen.
The blue paisley makes another appearance with stars and stripes. I used the blue star paper and colored in various stars with 'Spica' glitter pens in red, white, and blue. A sentiment stamped on the red stripe paper finished it.
With a blue striped base card I stacked varying lengths and widths of strips and outlined them with faux stitching in white gel pen. There's that sentiment again.
Busy, busy, busy - that is the look of this card. I started with the text background and added the blue star paper and a red swirl paper. I wanted to use more of the star paper so I punched big stars out of it and banded them in red to give them contrast. I popped them up on foam tape for more definition.
And finally, the super-simple one. I started with the red swirl base and added red stripe and blue star in a traditional flag arrangement. I had one long strip of the blue stripe so I trimmed it down to have only one stripe on each side, cut flag ends, stamped the sentiment repeatedly and then folded it into a banner. The center section is raised on foam tape while the flag ends attach directly to the background.
So there you have it. Nine cards from one cutting session with coordinating cardstocks. Every one is an original but they go together very quickly.