The 2014 Year In Review
Here we find ourselves at the end of another year in Studio 3D.
I thought I'd do a quick 'by the numbers' calculation on what's been included in 2014, so here we go: 11 pieces of doll clothes, 7 flashy nail finishes, 1 home decor sewing, 21 quilts, 9 pieces of jewelry, 6 wildlife photos, 8 gardening products, 4 cooking posts, 1 handbag, 1 field trip, 1 stamp carving, 28 paper embroidery cards, 195 cards for157 OWH sketches, 64 cards for online class homework, 22 projects for product tutorials, 9 contract kits with 72 cards, and 71 miscellaneous other cards.
From these I have selected 13 items as my favorite creations over the last 12 months.
1) This card is an over-the-top use of dry embossing and diecutting. What an elegant result:
2) Resin jewelry is awfully fun to do:
3) An original quilt designed from scratch. This was the featured quilt for a time on the Electric Quilt 7 gallery (EQ7 isa design software program)
4) This was a new technique, stamping onto wet watercolor paper
5) From a technique taught in an online class I took part in
6) Love the ombre effect over the white embossed text
7) I really like the realistic color effect on this one
8) You can't go wrong with butterflies in my opinion
9) Some great use of stencils I was sent to work with
10) A technique demonstrated on Splitcoast was the inspiration for this
11) A delft tile treatment of rubber stamping
12) A great little purse with stenciled fabric and designed on-the-fly
13) A stunning 66 x 78 Hunter's Star quilt
So those are my favorites. What are yours? Ddd
Posted by email@example.com
at 12:01 AM PST