When I was cutting up fabric scraps I did a stack of them cut at 6 inches square. Then I started making all these quilts and realized the math (not my favorite subject) worked out perfectly with 6 1/2 inch squares so they would be even after the seam allowances were stitched.
So I cut all of them in half diagonally and added a white fabric strip and squared them up. Still more math problems as they ended up 1/8 inch less than what I had intended.
I went ahead with the construction and then added a 1/2 inch white border and finished with a dark blue border.
With all this math fiddling I only ended up 1/4 inch short overall. I'm calling that good.
Posted by email@example.com at 12:01 AM PST