Topic: New Work
As soon as I saw this set at Linen & Things I was attracted to the leaves and thought of the skeleton leaves in my stash. The random color blocks that set them off seemed like a reasonable element to replicate.
I started with a piece of vellum that has very light gold roses printed on it. I ran this through the Xyron for overall adhesive and applied blocks of mulberry paper in four colors to it. I burnished it from the back to make the texture of these papers show through better. After cutting to size and mounting on a cream card base, I glued three metallic skeleton leaves on the front.
The grey background is for viewing contrast only and is not part of the finished card. The double square in the lower right is a thick acrylic sticker.