Topic: New Work
I thought I'd try a different alignment on the blog text today and see how I like it. If it's horrible, we won't go there again!
More snow and ice ...more butterflies!
I used pieces of coordunating scrapbook papers for this card, including motif cutouts from the solid purple version. Because of the reddish tones in the butterfly I used Aged Mahogany Ranger Distress Ink to tone the edges of every paper and the card base before attaching. I also used it on the text sticker and on the purple brads. The large brads down the left side have a wide bar on which the legs are mounted so it allowed me to thread ribbon under them without poking through them. I also added an amber rhinestone to each of them and used tiny flower brads to make a flight path for the butterfly. The butterfly is mounted just at the body and the wings tipped up. The antenna are drawn on.
This card has the most work I have done on any card in a long time and it was entirely pre-planned. That never happens!
6 pieces of designer paper (which I got at Dollar Tree); 7 little flower brads; 3 large flower brads; 3 rhinestones; 2 ribbons; 1 cutout magazine picture; 1 card base; 1 text sticker!