Topic: Scrap Recovery
Red, gold, red, gold, done!
... with a little bid of foam tape added in.
The trees and the penguin are separate 'stamps' which I cut from my Goodwill-find catalog. I colored them with Copic markers and cut them out for some layering. The snow drifts in the background are drawn with markers and then all of the white 'snow' and lettering was done with gel pen.
A green card base echoes the color from the trees.
I've held on to this little illustration for years - I love the simplicity with the only color on the wreath. I used a Nestability label die to cut and emboss the edges.
More of the gold on gold text paper was mounted on red folded card for the base and the illustration is popped up on foam dots.
Another departure from the traditional colors is this acid green card - which, once again, doesn't take a photo well.
Trust me, this card is bright and vibrant from top to bottom! The snowman was punched out with glitter already covering him. A moss GREEN diecut was stamped with the greeting, and snowflakes stamped all about.
Silver mistletoe? Why not? Seems that Christmas has come a long way from red and green. This recovered card scrap takes that WAY over into silver and midnight blue with gold accents.
Well, I can get on THAT bandwagon with just the addition of gold on gold backing paper, some folded blue cardstock, and a few foam dots.
A little fussy cutting was required to separate this stocking from it's original card - but well worth the effort. In their pure forms the colors are sill red and green, but by changing them to pink and mossy green it add a kind of 'sugar plum' feel to the card.
There were some foil areas to the stocking so I added Stickles to them to glitter them up. A band of glittered cardstock, from another old card, and a stamped greeting on a Nestability die cut bring it all together.
Well, this illustration was colorful, nice-sized and already glittered - not much to do beyond cutting it out and sticking it down. I used foam dots to do so.
I used a white gel pen to make 'stitching' around the edges and stamped the greeting.
I don't remember what this little bear was staring at on the original card. I gave him a star punched from glittered card scraps and used more of them as trim on the left side.
The white lines under the star are gel pen and the greeting is stamped.
This cute little snowman had a little scarf which I traded out using some lumpy yarn. I actually cut slits in the card and tucked the yarn ends in them. He doesn't look nearly so chilly now.
The text is a thick acrylic sticker.
Cut from a recycled card with Nestabilities, these blue birds are mounted over a glitter and striped border cut from another card.
I chose a blue folded cardstock base to match the color of the birds and added red rhinestones to most of the berries - using three sizes for variety.
I cut this ornament from a catalog. With such beautiful scrollwork on it I simply traced it with diamond Stickles, including the cap and string. It is mounted on a die cut which floats over gold on gold scraps with foam dots underneath.
This is a top-fold card.
These three snowmen were cut and embossed from a single card with a circle Nestability. Gold paper was cut and hole-punched to mount behind them to turn them into ornaments. A gold thread of the same paper is used to 'hang' them from the top fold of the card.
In my quest to put Stickles on everything I touch, I used it on the snowy parts of these three guys.
The text greeting is stamped.
What it's all about - this little babe in the manger. I used concentric Nestability dies to cut the illustration and two backing cards. The top two are flat mounted and raised upon foam dots over the third.
I stamped the corners and used a black pen to complete the 'frame'
I somehow came up with these Santas in holly wreaths and used a Nestability circle die to cut them out. Scrapbook paper makes up the background, mounted on red cardstock. On the background I used diamond Stickles to trace out the yellow lines.
I also added star dust Stickles to Santa's beard.
A few years back someone sent to me a big stack of 'victorian' illustrations that are framed in either green or red and cut out save for little bridge pieces that connect the picture to the frame.
For these I used a nestability die to create an aperture for it in a bronze toned cardstock, rounded the corners, and raised it up on foam dots over cream cardstock. This background lets the bridges blend in.
The text is gold peel-off stickers.
This image is one of the prints out of the catalog I picked up at Goodwill. I colored with Copic markers and added diamond Stickles to the evergreens and to the center of the blossom.
The background paper is some gold on gold text cardstock that I picked up on sale last year. It came in 12 x 12 sheets so I can get quite a few cards out of each one.
What I can't do is make metallics like this look good in a photograph.
Yep, I'm still making Christmas cards out of last year's received cards. This one had such a nice illustration on it so I didn't adorn it too much.
The gold tree is a sticker on which the rhinestones were already included. I did add diamond Stickles to the gold balls on the sticker tree and stamped a portion of a stamp for the text.
Colored up with Copic markers and cut with nestability dies, this Santa also features Star Dust Stickles on all of the fur trim. It's a jolly little fellow and I raised him up on foam dots over forest green folded cardstock as a base.