OK, I am officially addicted to this technique. Once I showed it to the granddaughters they were addicted and now I am, too.
I amde this card larger than the usual ones I make so it will not go off to Operation Write Home. I might finally have some cards on hand to send to friends and relatives!
I used a different watercolor paper that I found when we ran out of the little pad I had been using. This was a bunch of loose sheets I had cut out of a letter-sized pad and of a higher quality. Not only were the pages thicker but there was less tooth and the surface could be manipulated when wet without pilling.
I worked on a half sheet filling the whole area. The top background was inked with tumbled glass and the bottom with sage green. Then I did the spot coloring with a green, pink and yellow. When this was dry I over-stamped with the flowers and the script.
I tore the top and bottom edges and placed on wide black borders. I trimmed the whole block and mounted it on a pink background that matches the flowers.
I added a sentiment block, bordered in the same pink and popped up on foam tape.
At the last minute I decided to use little dots of yellow pearl pen on the flower centers.