With the donation of some starry fabrics I designed a 48" square quilt for the hospital chaplain's Passages program. This was a quick project - completed in just two days.
The blocks are 6x6, the large bars are 9x3 and the small bars are 6x3. I used two blues, two reds and two beige in the quilt blocks and added a third blue for the border and a fourth blue for the binding. On the back is a burgundy with tiny white dots and it has side sashes of dark blue with white stars. Since I also used leftover batting from another project the only cost I had for this project was for a spool of thread for the quilting.
For that one spool of thread I selected a verigated red that goes from burgundy down to pink with a short color change. I used this in the bobbin as well as the needle and did free-motion stippling over the whole surface.
This is the first large stippling project I have done and I really like the result.