The reason for naming this quilt as I have is a direct result of the block origins.
You will remember the last quilt entry was titled 'Get To The Point' - an arrangement of mountain-like peaks. Well, when cutting the tube strips for that quilt one must match up identical squares. But it you cut more blocks to the end of the strip set you end up with one extra block that does not match anything. In fact, you could get one extra from each side making TWO mismatched blocks.
So I cut all those extras and then arranged them as pinwheels with no matching combinations. This was not large enough and I wanted some sashing so I went back to the orphan blocks bin and found several black and white blocks from my late sister's stash. These I cut into sashing for the verticals and then I cut whole black and white strips for the horizontal sashing.
A couple of borders brought it up to a small lap size.
Look how the orange border transforms the 'theme' from gold and gray of the previous quilt to a lovely orange and black, perfect for a fan of the Oregon State Beavers.
Even though the pinwheels are all straight lines and points I wanted to make the quilting in swirls to show their potential for movement.
This is a pantograph from Urban Elementz.