More Stars In Your Eyes
Topic: Pretty Paper
I just couldn't relax knowing all those papers were cut up and waiting for final design and assembly. So the final session happened much sooner than I had anticipated - the next day in fact!
So here we are, back with the patriotic star papers in some new configurations.
The first set features what I call the bandana paper - red background with multi-sized circles and stars. On the first card I bordered a full strip of this with shorter strips of a white one. I added a few holographic star stickers to the star centers and popped up a large word stamp on foam tape.
The other one got larger borders of white paper and from a cleaner part of the design as well. I punched one star from the red star paper and bordered it with blue to match the sentiment.
Speaking of red star paper, I have three cards with this background. The first got partially covered with solid blue from the set of papers and then I mounted two strips of the blue star paper on foam tape. The sentiment is bordered in red to stand out from the blue strips.
Then I used the blue star paper directly on the red stars and aligned the block so the stars match up. one narrow strip of a flag print leads into the sentiment.
Similar to the last one, this one adds a vertical patterned strip. I changed to a kraft color for the sentiment.
I struggled with the design for this flag paper. I finally decided to place some of the blue star paper over the printed stars. On the first one I stamped different versions of the same sentiment in all the red stripes. I also used a blue pen to define the red/white breaks with faux stitching.
The two remaining ones are identical so I'm only posting one photo. I popped a bordered sentiment up on foam tape inside the blue field and then outlined all the stripes with gold peel-off sticker.
The next set features a paper that doesn't even belong with this set. But then they both use the same accent paper and wide central bordering strip. On the first, I added some small holographic stars in the blue border and double-bordered the sentiment.
The other got a large sentiment stamped on red as a bright focal piece.
The least patriotic paper in the set is the red with white and blue dots. On the first card I accented it with some of the bandana paper and a bit of distressed stripe. The sentiment got double borders.
On the other, more of the dotted paper shows along with a faint star in the background. I kept the accent strips narrow and added a scripture stamp.
This striped paper looks clean and fresh. It has a printed element in the corner so I tried to leave that visible. On the first card a single strip of bandana paper was added and then mostly hidden by the red sentiment.
I covered some of the stripe with large dot paper for this one but left that printed element exposed. A strip of printed script mimics the style of the sentiment block.
The stripes on this one were oriented the other way. I added some blue star paper, a strip of script paper and a large sentiment block. I did little bordering so the papers would blend rather than standing out.
This card uses some of the paper I featured yesterday with the script and large circle element. I added a small bit of dot paper to back the large sentiment block.
At this point, I had used up all the 'kits' I had set up but still had bits that I had pulled out and set aside along the way. When I shuffled them around I came up with coordinated scraps to turn out three more cards.
The first had a lot of wide open blue space. So I punched some red stars and did the distress, score and crease to create three-dimensional elements. I added a silver peel-off star sticker to the center of each. The sentiment block got its edges distressed, too.
The last two each use 5 strips of printed paper in a kind of window shade arrangement. On the first, I added silver peel-off star stickers to the center of some of the printed stars. The sentiment is light to separate it from the background.
And for the last one, which has lighter papers, I punched three stars from a script paper and bordered them in blue. The sentiment got a red border and it is popped up on foam tape along with the stars.
Now I have to go back to creating one card at a time from scratch as the 'kits' have all been used up. Whew!
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
at 12:01 AM PDT